The Administrator and Mrs Marie Hardy welcome educational visits by schools at Government House.
How to book a tour
Complete this form and send either to:
GPO Box 497
DARWIN NT 0801
Fax: 8999 5521 or
Government House will then contact you to confirm a suitable date and time.
Guidelines for schools
Minimum of 10 students per tour group, maximum of 30. Minimum of 1 teacher/aide per 15 students.
As Government House operates to a program of vice-regal events, punctuality is to be respected.
Parking of large vehicles, such as school buses, is unavailable, although smaller minibuses may be able to park in the grounds. Note: There is a drop-off point near the main gates.
- One student will be required to sign the visitors’ book on behalf of the class.
- One student is to be nominated to give the vote of thanks at the end of the tour.
- Hats are to be removed when entering Government House.
- The Administrator is to be greeted as “Good Morning/Afternoon Your Honour”.
- The correct title of the Administrator’s spouse is “Mrs Hardy”.
- His Honour is happy to answer questions so some thought can be put into this before the visit.
- Please do not touch ornaments, artefacts and furnishings in the House and stay with the tour guide at all times.
- It is essential that teachers remain with their students for the duration of the tour and ensure that their students behave in an appropriate manner in all areas of the Government House grounds.
Ensure you have brought any resources required for activities. Fruit punch and biscuits will be provided at the conclusion of the tour.
Please write a letter of thanks to the Administrator for allowing you to visit this historical House. In your letter, mention some of the things that you learnt about Government House.